Saturday, 18 August 2012

back in time.




I thought I would share with you a few photos from my day out today. I went to visit relatives with my family, and it was also my parent's 28th wedding anniversary, so was a pretty special day I guess! 



After far too much of an early start, we headed out to the Severn Valley Railway. This is basically a cutesy type old fashioned railway from as early as the 1800's that has been lovingly restored to its former glory. Old fashioned steam trains run along the line, which spans across 5 different stations I believe. The thing I loved most about this trip was the dedication of the volunteers; there are actually over 13,000 very kind people that spare their time every week to help run this railway. The stations and grounds are beautifully kept, which helps as they have been used as film locations many a time. Everyone was so friendly, and you could tell they really cared about keeping this important part of English history alive. 




It really did feel like I had stepped back in time, here are a few photos of the day :) 

(Excuse my shoddy photographer skills!) 







Tomorrow I will be back with a post that's actually beauty related! :) 

Hannah xx

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Great photos. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww that railway looks so cute, so british!! haha :) these photos are all great btw, nice job! <3
    love your blog, just followed!
    xxxxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :) yeah it was too cute! will check yours out :) x

      Delete
  3. the photos are absolutely stunning!
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou! i could barely see what i was taking at the time it was too bright! will check your blog out :) x

      Delete
  4. lovely photos, especially the railway photographs, so pretty! follwing your blog, maybe you could check out ours?xo

    www.smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :) the follow will be returned! should have a new post up tomorrow evening :) x

      Delete